Grammarly for Developers Acceptable Use Policy
At Grammarly, we strive to help people understand one another, whenever and wherever they communicate, and we're proud of the trust our users have placed with us. In exchange, we trust you to use our products and services responsibly.
You agree not to misuse the API or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not:
- modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, rent, sub-license, lease, loan, transfer, or copy any portion of the API;
- circumvent or disable any security or other technological features of the API;
- copy, reproduce, publicly disclose, or transfer to any third party any part of the API;
- remove, obscure, or alter any notice of copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, or other proprietary right of Grammarly related to the API;
- extract data from the API for any purpose other than providing writing suggestions to Users;
- use the API to discover any underlying components of Grammarly's models, algorithms, or systems;
- interfere with or disrupt the APIs or the servers or networks providing the API;
- except with Grammarly's prior written consent, modify any Grammarly user interface intended to be displayed to Users through your use of the API;
- create an API that functions substantially the same as Grammarly's API and offer it for use by third parties;
- export the API (1) into any US embargoed countries, (2) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List or Entity List, or (3) in any other manner that breaches, or causes the breach of, any export control laws; or use the API to create a product or service that competes with Grammarly’s general purpose writing-assistant products and services.